Sweet Potato Waffles
Perfect for hearty Autumn breakfasts!
- 1 1/2 cups peeled & chopped sweet potatoes
- 2 cups baking mix (Bisquick, Crusteaze) or make your own!
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup milk (or water)
- 1/4 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup butter
- Mash sweet potatoes and let cool
- Cream butter and brown sugar, add vanilla
- Add beaten eggs & milk
- Combine wet with the baking mix
- Let rest 1 hour or overnight
- Correct for consistency adding milk (or water) until mixture will pour slowly from a large ladle into preheated waffle iron. Bake until brown and crisp on the outside.
- Serve with maple syrup and garnish optionally with whipped cream & sliced bananas