Pumpkin Spice Waffles
Perfect for hearty Autumn breakfasts!
- 1 8 oz can of pumpkin pie filling
- 15 oz pancake/waffle mix (Bisquick, Crusteaze) or make your own!
- 2 Tbs corn starch
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup milk (or water)
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 can of cranberry jelly
- 1.4 cup sugar
- 1 Tbs corn starch
- 1.5 cups of cranberry juice
- 1 cup fresh cranberries
- Bring all but 2 Tbs of cranberry juice to a simmer in a medium pot. Add sugar and cranberry jelly. Stir until smooth and return to a simmer. Take 1 Tsp cornstarch and dissolve into the 2 reserved Tps of cranberry juice. Add cornstarch and juice to the sauce simmering in th pot. Stir until thickened. Remove from heat.
- Add beaten eggs & milk
- Combine wet with the melted butter and pumpkin pie filling
- Add cornstarch and salt to baking mix and incorporate into the wet mixture - lumpy is ok.
- Let rest 1 hour or overnight
- Correct for consistency adding milk (or water) until mixture will pour slowly from a large ladle into preheated waffle iron. Bake until brown and crisp on the outside.
- Serve with the cranberry syrup and garnish optionally with whipped cream & fruit