Cindy's Gluten Free Cherry Chocolate Chip Scones
- 1 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 1 egg
- 1 1/2 cups buttermilk
- 1 tsp almond extract
- Preheat oven to 400
- Cut up butter into small chips (dime sized) and freeze until ready to mix
- Mix buttermilk, almond extract and egg in large mixing bowl and refrigerate
- Measure chocolate chips and cherries and sprinkle them with a little baking mix and set aside.
- Put baking mix into large food processor (cuisinart) with blade attachment.
- Add the cold butter and pulse to pea size
- Combine mix and butter with the buttermilk and egg, cherries and chocolate chips until just held together.
- Turn out onto work counter dusted with Pamela's and form into a circle and cut into wedges (yileds 18 - 24 depending upon size).
- Place on baking sheet lightly sprayed with Pam or use a silicone mat.
- Brush tops with cream and sprinkle with Sugar in the Raw.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 18 - 24 minutes or until lightly browned.